At CEO (Boardroom Media) we track over 1,000,000 startups and over 5,000,000 people who hold key positions in these companies. We use this directory of startups to highlight top employees, founders and board members we think deserve more appreciation than they are currently getting.
This list showcases the top California based CEO’ operating in the Operating Systems space. If you think a CEO’ is missing from this list, feel free to contact our editor on [email protected]
The individuals on this list have been included because of exceptional performance in one of the following categories:
- Innovation – Operating as a key part in an extremely innovative business or startup.
- Growth – Operating as a key figure in the growth and upscale of a market leading business or startup.
- Management – Showing exceptional management skills.
- Societal impact – Putting their business on the map for their positive societal or environmental impact.
Our Data – We source our data from OSINT (open source intelligence) and public directories such as Crunchbase, SemRush and many more. The data from these sources should be treated with a degree of caution and verified yourself.
Co-Founder & CEO of First Resonance
Karan Talati is the CEO and Co-Founder of First Resonance, which has raised $20 million in capital since its founding in 2018. First Resonance builds a Factory OS for the aerospace, automotive, and robotics industries and now powers over 40 leading manufacturers. These companies are leaders in cutting-edge products like eVTOLs (air taxis), rockets, electric boats, and robotic construction products. Karan built his company in collaboration with the world’s best engineers from companies like SpaceX, Tesla, and Apple, and he is saving his clients countless hours and dollars with their innovative, flexible, and data-driven approach to modern manufacturing.
Karan created First Resonance after gaining valuable insight on the future from working at SpaceX. With his team at First Resonance, Karan has created the ION Factory OS, which optimizes manufacturing efficiency by 30% with the ability to build, iterate, and track processes throughout a dynamic factory workflow. Karan strives to make technology faster and more accessible, while revolutionizing the current systems at play. Beyond work, he maintains a witty Twitter presence with thousands of followers and a viral tweet with 12K retweets and 90K likes.
- Raising 20 million dollars in venture capital
- Worked at SpaceX to transform technology systems
- Creating a product now in use at over 40 manufacturing companies around the world
- Designing one product with the benefits of many to set the standard in production software
- PODCAST | Entrepreneur: Action & Ambition: Karan Talati Co-Founder, and CEO of First Resonance, is Transforming The Manufacturing World With The Next-Generation Software Platform ION
- PODCAST | The Roller Coaster Podcast: Karan Talati – CEO of First Resonance
- PODCAST | Agile Hardware Manufacturing: Meeting this Century’s Toughest Challenges with Karan Talati
- PODCAST | Venture Stories: Karan Talati and Keenan Johnson on the Future of Manufacturing
- ARTICLE | Cision: First Resonance Raises $14M Series A to Fuel Development of Factory Operating System to Help Manufacturers Navigate Unprecedented Supply Chain Challenges
- ARTICLE | dot.LA: Former SpaceX Engineer’s Platform for Makers of EV, Rockets and Air Taxis Raises $14M
- ARTICLE | Built In LA: First Resonance Raises $14M Series A, Plans to Triple Its Headcount
- ARTICLE | LA TechWatch: First Resonance $14M for its Operating System for Factories That’s Helping Ease Supple Chain Woes
- ARTICLE | TechCrunch: First Resonance brings its space-scale manufacturing OS to hardware makers with $14M A round
- ARTICLE | VentureBeat: First Resonance snags $14M for an operating system designed for factories
- ARTICLE | LA TechWatch: First Resonance Raises $3.5M to be the Operating System for Factories
- ARTICLE | LA Startups: First Resonance Raises Fresh Round Of Funding To Meet Growing Demand For Factory Operating System
- ARTICLE | Crunchbase News: First Resonance Raises New Round To Make Hardware Manufacturing Easier
- ARTICLE | dot.LA: First Resonance Lands $3.5M as Aerospace and EV Manufacturing Expand
- ARTICLE | LA TechWatch: First Resonance Helps Manufacturing Move to an Operating System Rather Than an Assemble Line
- ARTICLE | Aviation Week: Manufacturing System Aims To Help Hardware Startups Move Faster
- ARTICLE | LA Startups: First Resonance Launches Next-Generation Manufacturing Software Platform For Aerospace, Robotics, And Automotive Industries
- ARTICLE | TechCrunch: Founded by former SpaceX engineers, First Resonance pitches tools to make things the SpaceX way
- ARTICLE | Built In LA: What’s Changed? 6 LA Companies Share How Their Tech Stacks Have Evolved
- ARTICLE | Built In LA: Built In LA’s 50 Startups to Watch
Email – [email protected]
Website – https://www.firstresonance.io/
LinkedIn – linkedin.com/in/karan-talati/
Twitter – @karantalati
Facebook – facebook.com/firstresonance.io/
Follow Karan Talati:
About First Resonance: First Resonance builds ION, the Factory Operating System that manufacturers trust for speed, collaboration, and visibility.
CEO & Co-Founder of Apex.AI
Pioneering Automated Driving and Robotics leader who has been engineering innovations in autonomous/automated driving, robotics, artificial intelligence, and hardware/software design and development. History of working on robotics and automotive projects in the US & Europe. Practical technology manager who recognizes the value of user-centered design principles, iterative development, and ongoing testing to deliver useful products that people want. Significant research and development contributions in driver assistance, automated driving, vehicle safety systems, personal robotics, shared autonomy. Powerful global network of robotics, AI and automotive professionals, having worked on high-profile projects at Bosch and Stanford University. 20+ years of experience in vehicle automation 10+ years of experience in leading high performance technical teams 5+ years of experience in teaching at Stanford University 50+ patents in automated driving and driver assistance List of publications: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan_Becker3 https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=UBDpyhQAAAAJ
Follow Jan Becker:
About Apex.AI, Stanford University: Apex.AI is building an operating system for autonomous vehicles.
Founder and CEO of Caspar.AI
Ashutosh Saxena is the Co-founder and CEO of a high-tech startup Caspar.AI by Brain of Things, with Prof. David Cheriton (Co-founder and Chief Scientist). Here is an article in MIT Technology Review (https://www.technologyreview.com/s/600981/a-robotic-home-that-knows-when-youre-hungover/). If you’re upto taking a new challenge in engineering, systems, robotics, deep learning, or computer vision, drop me a note at: asaxena at cs dot stanford dot edu Previously, Ashutosh spent four years as an assistant professor in Computer Science Department at Cornell University, where he founded Robot Learning Lab and co-founded Zibby. His vision is to build artificial intelligence for embodied systems such as robots, cars and homes. He received his PhD from Stanford University in Artificial Intelligence with Prof. Andrew Ng (advisor), Prof. Sebastian Thrun, Prof. Daphne Koller, and Prof. Stephen Boyd.
Follow Ashutosh Saxena:
About Caspar.AI, Microsoft: A smart home that cares for you
Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Purism
Serial entrepreneur and successful businessman, Todd has been recognized for his visionary strategy, technical leadership, and relentless drive, with more than 20 years of entrepreneurial experience, using, installing, and promoting Free Software. Todd has consistently predicted market directions and executed disruptive technologies in a wide range of industries, including in-store entertainment, collaborative financial solutions, and starting the first online cable company. Todd has a deep understanding of the hardware manufacturing process, and an unwavering belief for users to retain their essential freedoms via free software, making Purism (the marriage of high quality hardware and free software), his most ambitious, disruptive, and exciting venture yet.
Follow Todd Weaver:
About Purism: Purism beautiful computers designed to respect and protect your privacy, security and freedom.
CEO & Founder of Gumbuya
Mark Glikson is the Founder and CEO of Gumbuya and Chief Architect of its core platform. He founded the company in 2012 to realize his vision on how Semantics and UX should be central to the way enterprises transform into digital businesses. Driven by Mark’s vision, Gumbuya has grown from an idea to a full stack platform, the first Native Semantic O/S offering its customers a revolutionary way to build modern digital experiences. What Unix and Windows did for the workstation and PC, Gumbuya does for the Internet. Designed for the mid market and enterprise customers, Gumbuya’s stack can reduce time to market by up to 50% and reduce costs up to 50% and enable enterprises to build the same beautiful and engagement experiences that only the top Tech startups have been able to produce up to now. Mark has a deep 20 yr history in platform software. Prior to Gumbuya, he spend almost a decade at Microsoft in Enterprise Architecture, Strategy and Leadership roles most recently as the GM of Microsoft’s Platform and Developer Group for Asia Pacific.
Follow Mark Glikson:
About Gumbuya: Gumbuya is a full stack cloud platform for building modern digital business applications.
CEO of Sidero Labs
Steve Francis currently works as Chief Executive Officer at Talos Systems.
Follow Steve Francis:
About Sidero Labs: Sidero makes Talos OS, a modern operating system designed for Kubernetes, and Sidero Metal, which automates Kubernetes on bare metal.
Founder & CEO of Andy OS
Sean Murphy is co-founder and CEO of Andy OS, where he focuses on strategic partnership development, user and revenue growth. Murphy has held sales & executive leadership positions within CNET Networks and CBS Interactive. His experience includes leading new product go-to-market around consumer internet, content and SaaS businesses and running global sales & marketing organizations. Murphy was SVP & GM of CBS owned Download.com and CNET Content Solutions, and VP of Corporate Sales for CNET Networks. In addition to his operational experience, Murphy served as Advisor to Huddler, Inc (acquired by Wiki, May ’14). Sean holds a B.A. in English from the University of Oregon
Follow Sean Murphy:
About Andy OS: An Android operating system for PC and Cloud
Co-Founder, CEO of AstroPrint
Follow Drew Taylor:
About 3DaGoGo, AstroPrint: AstroPrint operates as a cloud platform for Additive Manufacturing.
CEO, Cofounder of Wilderness Labs
Bryan Costanich is the Vice President of Education Services at Xamarin and heads up both Xamarin University and the Documentation team. He’s a renowned Software Architect, published author, mobile development expert, and a seasoned entrepreneur. In addition to having published App Store apps, he led the team that built Cricket’s MuveMusic service, which runs on Android and is the largest mobile music subscription service on the planet. When not working in tech, you can find Bryan building robots, monkeying around in Hollywood, or out in the mountains (usually hanging from a cliff).
Follow Bryan Costanich:
About Wilderness Labs: Professional connected things (IoT) development platform
Founder & CEO of BSAMPLY
Andrea was born in Como, Italy, into a family present in the textile and fashion sector for over 4 generations. He is the Founder and CEO of Bsamply, a B2B Sales Platform founded in 2017 in Los Angeles. Before founding Bsamply, he worked for over 4 years as COO in business development strategies for fashion brands in Italy and Switzerland. He has over 8 years of experience as Product Manager for fashion brands and has a deep knowledge of the selection and procurement processes of raw materials and textile accessories, as well as a strong network of contacts in the fashion sector.
Follow Andrea Fiume:
About BSAMPLY: BSAMPLY is a B2B Sales Platform designed to make sales processes easier and faster. From research to purchase.